Lombard Scores Decision Over Mundell
Hector Lombard, the former world class judo player, UFC fighter and Bellator Middleweight Champ who lost his last 6 fights I. That sport scored a unanimous decision over David Mundell in a close fight. The scores were 49-46, 48-47, and 48-47. I personally scored the fight 48-47 for Lombard. Mundell was tough and did not seem intimidated by Lombard at all. I had the fight even going in to the 5th round.
Could Lombard find new life in BareKnuckle fighting?
Lombard appears committed to this sport as after the fight, He called out fellow UFC and Bellator vet Joe “Diesel” Riggs for a fight in March. Lombard has previously retired from both competitive Judo and MMA. During the fight, while always pressuring, he did not land a ton of strikes and appeared tentative at times. Punching with no gloves is a new experience and it is not really something you can do in sparring. But now that he has his feet wet, Lombard may flourish in this sport. Joe Riggs will present a much bigger challenge and if this were MMA, Lombard would be heavily favored, but Riggs has the experience edge in BKFC.
Great Show Overall
If you have not seen Bareknuckle fighting go out of your way to watch the replay or catch the next one. The fights are kept short and are filled with action. The fighters are mixed with former MMA fighters and boxers looking to find a foothold in a fledgling sport. For a lot of these guys this is their last chance to make a decent living doing the thing they love the most, fighting. Catch the replay on FITE TV.
Rest of the Card
After scoring a first round knockdown, Jim Alers cruised to a decision victory in the nights semi-main event over Kaleb Harris. He didnt leave the ring unscathed however, as it appears he jacked up his hand something fierce.
The action was hot all night, check out the results below:
- Hector Lombard def. David Mundell via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 48-47)
- Jim Alers def. Kaleb Harris via majority decision (47-47, 50-44, 48-46)
- Luis Palamino def. Elvin Brito via unanimous decision (49-46, 50-45, 50-45)
- Ulysses Diaz def. Brian Maxwell via TKO — Round 1, 1:13
- Dat Nguyen def. Abdiel Valazquez via KO — Round 1, 1:51
- Gustavo Trujillo def. Lorenzo Hunt via TKO — Round 1, 1:01
- Francesco Ricchi def. Fred Pierce via TKO — Round 1, 1:38
- Travis Thompson def. Joshua Boudreaux via TKO — Round 2, 0:15
- Reggie Barnett Jr. def. Matt Murphy via TKO — Round 2, 1:46